West Central Park Plant Registry
Help Plant the West Central Park!
The West Central Park relies on the generous contributions of the surrounding community for its continued progress. Donations of muscle, time and money have been invaluable to our steady ability to grow roots here in West Olympia. Now, the Park is teaming up with local nurseries to create another way for the community to make permanent and meaningful contributions to the creation of our new neighborhood space.
The West Central Park Plant Registry is a way to keep donated plants, in credit at local nurseries, until they can be permanently planted at the Park. Considerations like future excavations and eventual alley vacation prevent the planting of certain areas until funds are completely raised and the final plans are approved by the City and the West Central Park Board of Trustees. Local Nurseries and the Park Crew have now figured out a way to be able to accept your plant donations any time!
Participating nurseries, The Plant Place and Native Plant Salvage, will keep a list of the plant types that the park needs and will record your donation and the type of plant you wish to donate in their filing system. Simply go to their retail locations or websites and let them know you want to select a plant for West Central Park. Park Volunteers will pick up the plants when the time is right for planting.
- Ground covers such as ferns, succulents, flowers, perennial flowers.
- Bushes that are flower or berry producing to increase beauty and pollination opportunities.
- Trees that reach a maximum height of 40 feet.
- Western Washington native species including ground covers, bushes, ferns, and medicinal and edible plants.
- Edible and medicinal plants such as perennial greens, herbs, berry bushes, and fruit trees.
- Attractive and ornamental plants such as flowers, grasses, vines, and trees.
The Park Volunteers and Crews are grateful for the ongoing support of the community as we strive to make a positive impact on the social and economic vitality of the greater Olympia area. Thanks for helping us make it happen!